Congratulations on making a good move! On making a judicious option to opt for MBA after undergraduation. Now, it’s that time when all your investment of time, money, and efforts are going to pave your way for newfound knowledge. Going with career after MBA is not only the culmination of your academic life but also the first step towards your professional life. But you might have been wondering ever since you came after the dynamic classroom and ie., ‘ What’s next?’
Within this blog, we aim to introduce you to the myriad of career options available differing according to the specialization.
What is an MBA?
Before knowing what a person can do after MBA, it’s important to know what the course is. In broad terms, Master of Business Administration is a course known well for its popularity among the students. A MBA degree is prominent for offering a specialized course to the students giving them a holistic view of the subject and its content. The course covers a wide realm of management and business administration.
The reason for the course being widely chosen is that it levels up the position of graduates which plays the role in favor of getting high paid jobs. Here are 5 reasons why you should choose MBA after your undergraduate degree:
- Increased job opportunities: The first and foremost advantage that weighs more is that the degree of MBA brings plenty of job opportunities. In today’s highly competitive market, an advanced degree can help in standing apart from the rest of undergraduate peers to get exceptionally well-paid jobs.
- Specialization:- Another key aspect of an MBA degree is that it comes with specialization by delving deeper into the study of the topics of the subjects. It helps in gaining a deeper understanding of the trends, concepts, and challenges which eventually leads to getting an insightful knowledge of the market.
- Enhances professional development: This degree helps in improving personal branding and elevating the professional life of an individual. This is because the degree underscores more practical knowledge going beyond the theories. It helps students to deal with projects asking for real-time attention to fix the business crisis.
- Networking opportunities: This goes without saying that MBA is a gateway to tremendous networking. The events taking place on campus help in meeting people from diverse backgrounds from various geographical locations. This helps with relationship building and making strong business bonds.
Career Opportunities After MBA
Within the pages ahead, we will be dealing with the career opportunities available in various specialization courses:
- MBA in Finance
This is one of the most chosen electives for the MBA degree. This specialization makes a person well-versed in asset management, taxation, risk management, investments, banking, etc. This makes the course a door to all the nuances of financial sectors. Being one of the most demanding courses in today’s cutting-edge world, here are the following career opportunities after MBA in Finance:
- Financial Analyst
- Investment banking
- Operations management
- Hedge Fund Manager
- Private Equity Professional
- Financial Consultant
- Financial Planner
- Compliance Officer
- Real Estate Finance Professional
- Venture Capitalist
- MBA in Business Analytics
With a concentration in Business Analytics, this course deals with methodologies and tactics needed to decode the business data. The course teaches the process of collecting, sorting, and processing all the statistical needs required to run a business.
Here are a few of the job prospects after MBA in Business Analytics:
- Data Analyst
- Business Analyst
- Data Scientist
- Market Research Analyst
- Operations Analyst
- Management Consultant
- Product Manager
- Risk Analyst
- Supply Chain Analyst
- Marketing Analyst
- Business Intelligence Analyst
- Analytics Manager
- MBA in Sales and Marketing
This course deals with teaching the functions of sales and marketing trends. It comprehensively deals with marketing strategies, consumer behavior, market research, branding, advertising, and other key aspects of managing sales and marketing operations. Below are a few of the careers that can be taken after MBA in Sales and Marketing:
- Sales Manager
- Marketing Manager
- Brand Manager
- Product Manager
- Digital Marketing Specialist
- Market Research Analyst
- Sales and Marketing Director
- Business Development Manager
- Advertising Manager
- Sales Consultant
- Customer Relationship Manager
- MBA in Operation Management
This course delves deeper into understanding the factors behind the functionality of the market. It teaches the process of the business, workflows, logistics, operations, and product development. A few career opportunities after MBA in Operation Management are mentioned below:
- Operations Manager
- Area Sales Manager
- Technical Operations Manager
- Operation Analyst
- Logistics Manager
- Quality Assurance Manager
- Production Manager.
- Operations management engineer
- MBA in Healthcare Management
This elective is a unique combination where the business perspectives and healthcare needs, both are aligned. The course helps in knowing how to operate at health organizations like clinics, hospitals, pharmaceuticals, etc.
- Healthcare Administrator
- Healthcare Consultant
- Healthcare policy analyst
- Healthcare research and development manager
- Hospital CEO
- Health Services Manager
- Clinical ManagerHealthcare Consultant
- Health Informatics Manager
- Medical Practice Manager
- Nursing Home Administrator
- Pharmaceutical Product Manager
- MBA in International Business
This course deals with the study of business beyond boundaries by educating about overseas trade and the running of the market. It majorly deals with the aspects of foreign investments, exports, forex management, etc. Generally, this course prepares the student to know the market globally and meet the country’s requirements. Following are a few of the career opportunities after MBA in International Business:
- International Business Manager
- International Marketing Manager
- Global Sales Manager
- International Trade Specialist
- Export Manager
- International Project Manager
- Global Supply Chain Manager
- International Finance Manager
MBA is not merely a piece of paper. It is the key that can open doors of opportunities for success. Your success in the journey weighs not only on the specialization you are opting for but also on the skills of entrepreneurship, networking, learning, and experimenting which play a crucial role post-MBA. So as we bring this journey to an end, remember, a career after MBA is a flourished landscape where the canvas is waiting for you to leave an indelible mark! If you are the one who is worried, for not taking up MBA after undergraduation, don’t worry. We have got you covered with our latest blog .